Sniglet's Mom

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Quote of the week....

Message from Jan...

Okay, so last Friday Maija and I are in my car, returning home from her radiation and interferon appointments. She has a new routine these days where she likes to pick up a McDonald's cheeseburger on the way home from the clinic. We encourage this bizarre activity, because they have so many calories. On this particular day, she decided to splurge and have fries, as well. Keep in mind, she is the first person I have ever allowed to eat in my BMW. That girl can get away with anything these days!!! She was thoughtful and decided against catsup....

So, we're most of the way home and she's eating her burger and fries and talking about how strange it is that she doesn't like wine now. In fact, she comments: "Just think how pure my body is right now, since I'm not drinking wine!"

I look over at her in total astonishment. "PURE!! Yea, right!! You're on two kinds of chemo, interferon and daily radiation!! You're about as PURE as a neutron bomb!!"

I guess it's all in your personal perspective, right? If she thinks she's pure, she IS pure!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home