The Monday and Friday Routine
Here's the drill. At 1:45 an interferon shot from one of the oncology infusion nurses. Yesterday it was Jo-Anne, shown here with her fashionable purple gloves. The interferon shot does hurt because it goes deep into the muscle. It helps a lot when the nurse massages the muscle tissue prior to the injection, and whomever accompanies me has to hold my hand. That's his/her job for the day!
At 2:05 I'm at Radiation. This is my regular team of buddies -- Megan, Jeanette & Betsy. They are a terrific trio. I'm only in there for about ten minutes, which is all it takes for four radiation angles. The table rotates, as does the dome, to accommodate the zapping which has been prescribed specifically for me. Notice how the feet are bound. This is to prevent movement. The placement has to be very precise. So far I've always enjoyed my brief stint with these ladies.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home