Sniglet's Mom

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Traveler Has Landed

Greetings, my friends!  Yes, yes, I know I have been "silent" for quite some time.  Over two months, to be exact.  That's because I've been busy, busy, busy throughout the summer.  Away from home, more often than not.  More about my sunny adventures later.  I have managed to stay away from the cool gray Seattle summer, and am sporting a tan to prove it.

At my May appointment with Dr. Picozzi, he suggested having the next CT scan on July 21st because that's his birthday.  Dr. P. said "I always give good news on my birthday!"  Sure enough, the good news prophecy came true.  No adverse activity taking place in my body.  A.T. has not returned.

A fun "Picozzism" to share.  I gave Dr. P. a card for his birthday.  In typical male fashion, he seemed to skip the front and go right to the inside.  Naturally, I called him on it!  To which Dr. Picozzi responded that he did, indeed, read the front, and that years ago he determined that he needed to study the "female language" in order to be a better doctor.  He assessed his level as "fluent in understanding the female language, but I speak it with an accent". 

My next appointment is in mid-September for a lung x-ray.  Just a lung x-ray.  I won't have another CT scan until November.  

Now, I must dash off.  Just a quick request, when you post comments to my blog, please let me know who you are, so I can reply to you. 

5 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maija,

    I am glad that life is so hectic and wonderful for you, but you must keep us up to date! Have fun, play hard, LAUGH and giggle your way through your journeys. You are such an inspiration to me.

    Beth K

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why dont u update us as before we care

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great to hear all is going so well! I'm exhausted just reading it all. (Sorry I've been remiss in posting msgs.)

    Dave A.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Maija
    We drove past our old house last summer but it looked like you were away. I like living life vicariously through your adventures! I wish my kids were the age they are now when we were neighbors-things were such a blur then...love reading about you. Youre an inspiration!
    Janice G.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maija

    I've just recently found your blog and have been enjoying catching up on how you're doing. I saw a picture of you in your fashion show (you looked stunning) as I have a friend, Eva, who modeled as well. I got to know Eva when I was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. It's been quite a year but a positive outlook and a nicely shaped head DO make a difference. Keep smiling and living life to it's fullest!

    Andy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home