Photos from the last Treatment Day on Oct. 27th.





These are photos of my last treatment day at Virginia Mason. Valorie (in the blue tropical fish smock) was my oncology nurse that day. She was terrific, and presented me with a graduation certificate. Don't you love her white gloves?Dr. Madsen (it was Hawaiian Days in Radiation) and I are smiling broadly, with the radiation completion certificate. Dr. Madsen continued to seem stunned that I didn't have more extensive side effects throughout the treatment, and that I could still smile. You can also see the celebration at the "Bell", where Betsy, one of the many delightful radiation technicians, presented the certificate. I rang the bell loudly, and we actually took many pictures. Included is one with Al and Jan. Also shown is my last trip in the "microwave oven".... the radiation machine (cost: $1.4 million).
In the last frame Sniglet is coaching me on the art of meditation and relaxation (hanging on the half wall at our Mt. Baker condo). Never a problem for her. I have learned a lot from her about laying around and not feeling guilty about it. Enjoy the moment, no matter what form it takes.


5 Comments:
At 4:29 PM,
Anonymous said…
Maija, you look great! Thank you so much for your blog pictures and updates. Jan R., you also deserve a hug and thank you for all the support. Lets get ready for the cruise!
Check out my Jan's blog. Ernie
At 3:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Yeh! I loved seeing the pictures and I must say that you looked quite good for a person who has spent so much time in treatments. Hope you are getting ready to relax in a warm sun cruise. We will miss being part of the cruise group but it is probably best to not have the wild group on this one! You must have the skin treatments like the detoxification in the spa and try all of those items on the menu that you never thought you would like. Anxious to see the pictures of the new bikini! have fun. JK
At 9:37 AM,
Anonymous said…
Maija: we think of you and Al daily and know you have LEGIONS behind you, all pushing hard! We are delighted you are on to the R&R phase. (I am personally ecstatic that you checked out the Nordstrom sale so I don't have to!)
Looking forward a new round of raucous cruise stories.
CC
At 5:09 PM,
Anonymous said…
What a great feeling to have completed your last treatment day and then off on a cruise. Please post pictures from your cruise to Panama. We all wish we could join you and celebrate with you and Al. Enjoy the sunshine and much love to you. We especially look forward to you being in Sun Valley as we are now neighbors! And much thanks to Jan and all who have kept you in line the past few months. We all appreciate your thoughts in your blog and know that we love you so very much!!!Sandy and Tom
At 2:52 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hello Maja,
I love your blog and the humorous way you handle your situation. I also have a reason to thank you, for you introduced me to blogging (didnt know about it before) and your blogs pep up my old-fashinioned vocabulary. Your stories are good reading.
It seems all the snow falls on your side on the globe this year. We have temperatures higher than Cairo in Munich and absolutely no snow in sight. We wish you all the best!!
Erika and Georg from Munich
Post a Comment
<< Home